If you are looking for a reason to join here you go... !
1) Monthly lectures held in a modern multi-media lecture theatre - previous guest speakers have included Jocelyn Bell Burnell, discoverer of the pulsar!
2) Discuss astronomy with like-minded people at our Wednesday club nights - we cater for all levels of experience, so beginners with little or no knowledge of astronomy are welcome and will not feel out of place.
3) Get sound advice on buying an astronomical telescope and come along to our star parties where you can have a go at observing through a variety of different scopes.
4) Build your own telescope. We have workshop facilities and members with years of experience who will be happy to help you every step of the way.
5) When you've settled in - borrow one of the Society's telescopes and try it out in your own garden.
6) Browse our comprehensive astronomical library with over 1000 titles to choose from, including some historic books.
7) Enjoy interesting views of the night sky from our Aston University observing platform.
8) Need some material for an article or research? Check out our extensive back catalogue of astronomical journals and magazines.
9) Take advantage of our members' collective experience of astronomical observing: both amateur and professional.